Gold is durable, sturdy, dependable, and makes an ideal setting for your precious diamond jewellery. However, to get a lifetime of enjoyment from your jewellery, be sure to keep it clean and safe.
- Do not wear jewellery during rough work or when handling harsh chemicals.
- Store it in a fabric-lined box away from other pieces to preserve it from getting scratched.
- Finally, check the diamond settings periodically for any damage to the gold prongs or bezels.
If you see a loose prong, or if the setting looks out of line, bring it to a professional jewellery for repair as soon as possible.
A diamond will last forever. However, to ensure that your diamond maintains its brilliance it is important to learn how to care about your diamond. The fire and brilliance of your diamond will truly shine by a minimal amount of effort.
- Diamonds can get smudged or dusty. Lotions, powders, soaps, even the natural skin oils, put a film on diamonds and cut down their brilliance.
- Jewellery pieces should not be stored together since they can scratch each other
- Diamond jewellery should never be worn while doing rough work. A diamond can be chipped by a hard hit.
Visiting your jeweller every six months is highly recommended as professionals provide your diamonds with added care. Your jeweller can check to make sure that the setting holding your precious gem has not been compromised during wear.
At Lugaro Jewellers, you’ll get a professional cleaning free of charge.
Between visits to your jeweller using a mild brand name liquid detergent works well to maintain your diamonds brilliance. Simply fill a bowl of warm like water and gently brush your diamond jewellery with a soft toothbrush while in the suds. Rinse thoroughly under warm water and pat dry.
The delicate nature of pearls makes them particularly susceptible to damage. Apply cosmetics, hair sprays and perfume before putting on any pearl jewellery. When removing your pearl jewellery, wipe it carefully with a soft cloth to remove any traces of these substances.
Keep your pearl jewellery separate, as its surface is soft and can easily be scratched by hard metal edges or gemstone pieces.
Bring your pearls into your jeweler to have them restrung once a year.