Always curious, notoriously mischievous and especially clever, the monkey is the ninth animal in the Chinese Zodiac. Ulysse Nardin honors its exuberant essence with the “Year of the Monkey” timepiece, the latest addition to its Classico Collection.
Designed in a comic strip-like style to best capture the lively creature’s character, the dial is the center of attention as the monkey appears to leap through a brush of palm fronds.
It is the champlevé method of enameling that brings the artist’s sketch to life. Ulysse Nardin has been bringing this realism to its dials for more than 25 years and is one of the only watchmakers devoted to the centuries-old craft.
A joyful timepiece, one cannot help but smile when checking the time, is a limited edition of 88 pieces in 18-karat rose gold.
Monkey Classico Technical Data
- Reference 1706-129/08 rose gold 18 ct
- Limited Edition to 18 pieces
- Movement Caliber UN-170 Manufacture
- Escapement wheel and balance spring in silicium
- Hand painted bridges, motif Royal python
- 23 jewels, 18’000 V/H
- Power-Reserve Approx. 170 h
- Winding Manual Winding
- Functions Tourbillion, Hours and minutes
- Case Rose gold 18 ct
- Hand painted flange, motif Royal python
- Dimensions 44 mm
- Water-resistance 30 m
- Crystal Antireflective sapphire crystal
- Case-back Sapphire crystal
- Band Leather with simple buckle
If you need further information, feel free to contact your local Lugaro watch expert.